[78-L] R Johnson auction

Swamp Daddy swampdaddy at bellsouth.net
Fri Nov 21 19:43:08 PST 2008

David L:  Well, after the auction experiences and shipping experiences I've seen in that thread there is a tendency to paint all eBay with the same tainted brush.   It is good to hear that someone realizes there are also good dealers around.

I've never even considered buying 78s by mail (maybe that's a reason my collection is quite small); but, I have bought an LP or two by mail and usually they are excellently packed and I've never had breakage.   No so for the packers of the model RR stuff I've bought on eBay.  Talk of flimsy packing, no cushioning material. etc.

Swamp Daddy