[78-L] Got too much money kicking around? Lookee here..

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Thu Nov 20 19:55:40 PST 2008

Steven C. Barr wrote:
> [...]
Well, paste-over labels weren't unknown even then..sometimes two labels were
grabbed and inserted in the press, sometimes a paste-over was added where the
wrong label had appeared (or in one notable instance, when someone protested
and Capitol had to change the title of a song they'd already recorded and
pressed). So a good quality laser-printed scan of an original label could be
affixed to a junk disc. I think we can be pretty well assured that this item is
the real deal, coming from the late Mike Stewart's collection.

I once "liberated" a beat-up lacquer disc from a pile of unaccessioned junk in
an archive because it had a label promising a Lenny Bruce recording that I knew
wasn't on any of his LPs..what I didn't know was that the label had come from
the National Lampoon. My liberation was for naught.