[78-L] Personal - that's the label's name

joe@salerno.com jsalerno at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 18 20:31:41 PST 2008

if it is a label. This is a SF 10" shellac that looks like an acoustic,
and to my ears sounds like one also, even tho it says Electric Recording
Laboratories, New York City in gold charachters along the bottom
perimeter of the label, which is purple with a gold circle around the
perimeter of the label

There is an emblem like a lion with claws in the air at the top, in the
middle of a white oval almost round shape, with ornate 19th century
styled curly cues around it

the bottom of the label is hand written, Go to Sleep My Huskie (? the
first letter is oddly written) Baby (Rix) but the tune is Dvorak's
Humoresque

the performer's name is Edna Frandini, not one of the great voices of
the century to my ears

piano acomp with violin obligato

the matrix in the run out at 6 o'clock says 2.5 2 .-2 the dots are
actually in the middle of the line equal to the dash, not a decimal point

at 9 o clock there is an oval or somewhat elongated "0"

nothing on the back

there's no catalog number or matrix info on the label

So what is this a vanity record? must have been expensive to record
something and do a limited run, even by hand, plating, pressing...

joe salerno