[78-L] Story of the LP

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Tue Nov 18 17:55:27 PST 2008

From: "Mark Durenberger" <Mark4 at durenberger.com>
>> There was also an "ABS" network
>> See http://www.durenberger.com/resources/NETWORKS.htm

I already said that.  Note that I detailed both Ed Wynn's Amalgamated
Broadcasting System of Sept 1933 and the American Broadcasting System
that followed it via WMCA in 1934.  On the web site you forwarded there
is a Radio-Craft article from May 1935 that mentions the change from
American Broadcasting System on WMCA to the American Broadcasting
Company on WNEW.  I have a recording of mid 1935 WNEW with ABC
announcements.  And then there is another try of an American
Broadcasting System on WMCA as mentioned in the Radio-Craft November
1935 article on that web site.  That site also has an article from Radio
World April 20, 1929 about an earlier American Broadcasting Company
network proposed for the west coast, but I think this was just an
exchange of programs from co-owned stations and never went beyond that.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com

From: "Michael Biel" <mbiel at mbiel.com>