[78-L] Venuti!

Spats spats47 at ntlworld.com
Wed Oct 22 03:57:50 PDT 2008

Hi!

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree. Grappelly's early stuff could be
quite corny compared to the others. Venuti was swinging like the
proverbial clappers before Grappelly and Reinhardt (Django is my
favourite Jazz guitarist, by the way) had even recorded!

Granted, Grappelly developed into a great Jazz violinist, but it took him time!

Earl.