[78-L] Black CD-Rs

Graeme Jaye gj at telefonica.net
Thu Oct 16 14:09:00 PDT 2008

Hi

On 16/10/2008 Swamp Daddy wrote;

SD> They look a bit better to my way of thinking; but, I can't recall
SD> what the benefits were supposed to be.

I believe they were primarily produced for the Playstation market.
I've seen many copies of PS games that have been put on these discs.
With a bit of graphics work, they can pass as originals if you don't
look too closely.

As far as I am aware, they confer no special advantages in technical
terms.

Graeme Jaye

graemejaye at iname.com

Audio Restoration and Location Sound Recording
http://www.personal-cd.com

Hobby Musician - find some of my stuff here
http://www.indiehitz.net/html/bands/19/