[78-L] Black CD-Rs

Swamp Daddy swampdaddy at bellsouth.net
Thu Oct 16 14:30:09 PDT 2008

Bud: exactly right.  only one company makes them (Memorex as I recall) and they did provide a 'gold printed area' for a label at the bottom of the disc and gold lettering for their trade name, etc. on the upper half of the blank.  Still, a black felt tip pen did not do well on that gold surface unless you went very slow.  And, you had to write small if you had a lengthy description of the contents.

Graeme:  If I find the round container they came in (I use these leftover continers to store some backup discs) I'll read the wrapper to see what claims they made if any; I don't recall anything in particular so you are probably right.   I just thought they looked good.  LOL.   And, since I don't own any games systems I was unaware many used them for that purpose.  Interesting.

Swamp Daddy