[78-L] Source for 10-inch LP inner sleeves

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Sun Oct 12 21:58:02 PDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Howard Friedman" <hsf318 at comcast.net>
> Dave,
> My apologies for any apparent offense.  None meant!  But I do have a
> question.  What does one DO with two to three hundred thousand
> recordings????   It would take 166,667 hours to listen to them all at 5
> minutes each, or something in the range of 20 years!  I have maybe 3,000
> 78s and some 3,000 LPs, all of which I have listened to over the past 35
> or more years.

Well...in Mr. Lennick's case, he uses his vast archive of sound recordings
for profit...that is, he can find parties who wish to re-issue the
recordings
which he owns...and can then provide appropriately-altered versions for
CD reissue (for, of course, a slight fee...?!)...which allows him to avoid
PHYSICALLY "workin' for a livin'"...?!

OTOH, I accumulate 78rpm phonorecords (or, as a "second best," the
discographic data therefrom...?!) due to the obsessive-compulsive
tendencies brought about by my suffering from "Asperger's Syndrome!"
My primary goal is to assemble one copy each of EVERY 78rpm
phonorecord ever pressed; however, given the impossibility of that
goal (at least until I win several megabucks in a lottery, eh?!) I will,
as an alternate goal, settle for accumulating the discographic data
relevant to that selfsame "EVERY 78"...?!

Donations of phonorecords...or, if worst comes to worst, the
discographic data relevant thereunto...are ALWAYS accepted!

...stevenc