[78-L] Source for 10-inch LP inner sleeves

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Sun Oct 12 21:34:44 PDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Howard Friedman" <hsf318 at comcast.net>
> Steven,
> Someone is really getting to look like either a cheapskate or a pauper,
> I'm not sure which.  If one has a collection of as many as 50,000 records
> of any or all sizes, surely they must have had some sort of sleeve to hold
> them in the first place.  David wants paper sleeves (which are just about
> worthless) for, say, 10,000 items.  At 20 cents each that would cost him
> $2,000, and at Nauck's stated discount rate $700.  Plus the time to place
> each item in a sleeve, plus the time to put them back on a shelf in a
> usable order -- this could go on for weeks!  And then when he's finished,
> what has he actually got?  10,000 records in some sort of order, which
> would require 750 hours or more of straight through listening, plus
> changing time!
>
> Quo vadis?

Well, out here in Skae's Corners, C.W., I have an ACTUAL 50,000 (probably
closer to 53,000...?!) 78rpm phonorecords...about 3/4 (+/-) came with, and
still "wear," sleeves...! Since the records only "abrade" one another, and
thus
generate wear, should I be searching for a given phonorecord...well, we can
calculate here...?!

The odds are about 1 out of 53000 (actually less, since about a quarter of
that 53000 are records which NOBODY...myself included...will EVER
want to hear...?!)...so let's say 1 out of 40000...that any given
phonorecord
will be required...?!

Now, these phonorecords are stored...about 125/130 per milk box...in about
a gazillion (more/less) "milk boxes"...with about 70% stored in label &
number
order (however, thanxes to a bunch of hopelessly-incompetent "mover-
wannabes," the boxes are NOT in order (as they once were...?!)!

Ideally, I should have EVERY OTHER record in a sleeve...so that records
contact paper rather than OTHER phonorecords...?!

...stevenc