[78-L] New World Ballads

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Fri Oct 10 20:03:31 PDT 2008

Steven C. Barr wrote:
> [...]

These are in fact twelve-inch discs..so they should have been 268507/9, next
black label 12-inch Canadian numbers. Somebody must have forgotten the last
number used during the long period when hardly any Canadian 12-inchers were
being cut except for the Skaters Band.

> OTOH...if these were in fact PRIVATE recordings, they SHOULD
> have had either "PR-*" numbers, or borne their matrix numbers in lieu of
> catalog numbers...?!

Noop, I saw these in the Victor catalogue for years..never came across the
discs till the early 90s. I wonder if Westhill (West Hill?) High School would
have the faintest idea that these artifacts even exist from nearly 70 years
ago? It's in a part of Scarborough where I'd just as soon not get out of the
car, not being dressed for the occasion (no hoodie, no knife).