[78-L] Sorta speaking of LP sleeves

Swamp Daddy swampdaddy at bellsouth.net
Wed Oct 8 12:39:47 PDT 2008

Well, maybe the ones in Circuit City have no 78 speed; I've seen ones that do with USB connections and built in preamp.   To me, this looks like it may be an easy way to go on transferring 78 collections to digital format.

I do it a slightly different way; I have a component stereo and an old Thorens (built like a tank) turntable I keep around just for putting 78s on tape.   I then transfer the tape to the computer (via a 2nd tape casette deck permanently attached to the computer).   However, were I in the market for new equipment I probably would get one of the USB turntables.

Harry