[78-L] Fwd: alt [was Montréal^] [FWD ]

Swamp Daddy swampdaddy at bellsouth.net
Wed Oct 8 06:42:02 PDT 2008

Hi all:  try these sites which are free:

1001fonts.com
acidfonts.com

and, see if getting an eastern European font with the correct marks and installing it doesn't do it. Try (for the Hungarian or other languages) to get a font with the correct marks to start with.  Also in your email program (this specifically for Outlook Express but probably similar for other such programs), click tools at the top, click the "Options" tab in the drop down, click the "Send" tab in that menu, click the "International Settings" button and then in the scroll box select the way you want the keyboard to respond such as Baltic (ISO), Central European (ISO), oh yes, the Chinese, Russian and even Vietnamese are there too.  I often use Unicode UTF-8 which handles most of them.

Also, when using the Insert/Symbol routine described earlier (it is slow), be sure and pick the correct Eastern European font you need there too.

I once found a font labeled Hungarian Jewish and downloaded that for a friend who's dad is one, he's second generation over here.   He was delighted as he is the only one of the kids who bothered to learn Hungarian anyway.

Again, except for accent marks, I usually spell it out, i.e. cents, Euros, etc.   If you are a medium or better typist that is just as quick.

Swamp Daddy