[78-L] Well Done! - and an Orthophonic Record question

Maria Fletcher riafletcher at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 21:09:09 PDT 2008

Hi all

I too am new to this list and really appreciate it - so well done to all to
get such a valuable archive back up and running.

To kick off with a new post, yesterday I found a boxed set on Victor -
"Musical Masterpieces (Orthophonic Recording) of Franck Symphony in D Minor
- Stokowski and the Philadelphia Symphony Orchestra." M 22 6725.

Each of the Red Seal discs has an overlay sticker on it which says "Special
Record, " covering the top half of the label - can anyone tell me why this
is?

regards
Maria
Tasmania, Australia