[78-L] Abrams files in EXCEL form

iñigo ciadelgramofono at yahoo.es.invalid
Mon Mar 21 11:27:36 PDT 2022

Not at all.. it wasn't too much work, in principle. I only went on opening (importing) the original txt files into xls spreadsheets, one by one (only the matrix files, or only the label files, I don't remember now, but they're supposed to include the very same info, only sorted in different fashion, for they're mere extracts of Abrams Database, which he run in DB). Easy to do, for the fields aren made with fixed widths. Then only to go appending the files into a huge sheet, one after the other. Once done, two or three hours, then came the analyses and small repairs, because of the inconsistency of the Date fields. But a simple formula to read the dates as year, month and day, substituting with another form easily suitable for sorting, did the trick. That is the added field in red. Then, simply looking after the question marks or empty months or days, easily done in Excel, and identifying and repairing them, and there it is. There weren't so many inconsistencies, and as I said, they were easily identifiable and manageable. Only a few hours of work and it was done.I believe this form of date as yyyy.mmdd is better, as it allows to handle complete dates, as well as incomplete only yyyy.mm or only yyyy. They are now all compatible, and one can sort by this, as it is in number form. An interesting exercise!

Enviado desde Yahoo Mail con Android