[78-L] Centenarians

Kristjan Saag saag at telia.com.invalid
Fri Oct 8 15:45:03 PDT 2021

Here's your last list, Ray, (from 2017):
--------------

Happy 92nd birthday to Marjorie Hughes.
Singer with and daughter of Frankie Carle (OH, WHAT IT SEEMED TO BE, RUMORS ARE FLYING).
Marjorie has been missing from most of our recent big band singers lists.
Here's my last list.  Corrections appreciated.

Doris Day – (Barney Rapp, Jimmy James, Bob Crosby, Les Brown)
Kaye Ballard - (Spike Jones)
Ed Ames - (Russ Morgan)
Bea Wain (Artie Shaw, Larry Clinton)
Vera Lynn (Jay Wilbur, Joe Loss, Charlie Kunz, Bert Ambrose)
Helen Clare (Billy Thorburn, Harry Leader)
RayK

---------
Marjorie Hughes, Ed Ames & Helen Clare are still with us, but none of them are close to a hundred.
Here's Wikipedia's list of famous centenarians still living:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_living_centenarians

A few jazz musicians are on the list, including Canadian jazz singer Eleanor Collins. Please note French classical pianist Colette Maze, who, at 107, recorded an album with music by Debussy. But she has been a late starter, recording her first album at 84, in 1998.
Kristjan