[78-L] Announcing the release of "Eastern Mediterranean Judeo-Spanish Songs from the EMI Archive Trust"

Joel Bresler joel.br at verizon.net.invalid
Tue Nov 3 20:16:00 PST 2020

Dear friends:

I am very happy to share news from the Jewish Music Research Centre at
Hebrew U., announcing the e-release of "Eastern Mediterranean Judeo-Spanish
Songs from the EMI Archive Trust (1907-1912)"

 <https://jewish-music.huji.ac.il/content/22952>
https://jewish-music.huji.ac.il/content/22952. The full 78 tracks selected
for this project are available for streaming, and the accompanying booklet
is a free PDF download.

The booklet presents absolutely phenomenal years-long scholarship into the
song texts, the artists and their milieu by Edwin Seroussi and Rivka
Havassy, with invaluable assists from Judith R. Cohen and Risto Pekka
Pennanen.  Discographic research was supplied by Mike Aylward and me.

I hope you enjoy the release. Let me know if there are any questions.

Warm regards,

Joel

Joel Bresler

250 E. Emerson Road

Lexington, MA 02420

United States

www.linkedin.com/in/joelbresler

joel.br at verizon.net

IN CASE OF VERIZON EMAIL PROBLEMS, PLEASE USE MY BACK-UP EMAIL:

joelbresler-at-gmail.com