[78-L] War of the Worlds

kil at roadrunner.com.invalid kil at roadrunner.com.invalid
Tue Sep 22 06:35:44 PDT 2020

	Thanks Kristjan,

	There weren't as many band remotes as I hoped for. I thought there
might be enough music to fill an hour program, but I guess not.

	RayK

	-----------------------------------------From: "Kristjan Saag"

 Well, apart from Tchaikovsky's first Piano Concerto (the theme song
that
 starts and ends the show):

 The first three dance orchestra pieces, played by "Ramón Raquello &
His
 Orchestra" are

 La Paloma
 La Cumparsita
 Stardust

 The one played by the "Bobby Millette Orchestra" is

 Love Locked Out

 The first piano piece (at 9'10) is

 Chopin's Nocturne, op. 9 no 2

 The second piano piece (at 16'00) is

 Chopin's Fantasie Impromptu

 The third piano piece (at 18'20) is also Chopin, but I haven't been
able
 to identify it.

 There was a discussion on old.time.radio at oldradio.net many years ago
 about the music, where Brian Lee Corber reported that the two final
 orchestral pieces, apart from the end theme by Tchaikovsky, were (at
55'18):

 Pelléas et Mélisande by Debussy

 and (at 56'40):

 ...the only music in the programme composed by Bernard Herrmann, a
piece
 he later used in the Jane Eyre-movie.

 Times given here is for the Sinetone AMR 2011 digital issue of the
 broadcast.

 Link to the oldradio.net-discussion:

 ---

Links: