[78-L] Favorite Music or Song that Only Appears on 78's?

Inigo Cubillo ciadelgramofono at yahoo.es.invalid
Fri Apr 3 12:35:05 PDT 2020

Mmm... too many come to mind… It’s difficult to summarize 41 years collecting 78s, plus the years before, which I passed listening to the tapes Dad made, copying grandpa’s 78s… That was far back in 1977. So to be faithful to my first discovering of 78s, probably my earliest favourite songs known only on 78s are are among those; for instance, I’ve never listened to in LP or CD form, never known except on 78rpm, these ones: Andrews Sisters’ The Nickel Serenade, Bong Crosby’s More and More, I promise You, and Jack Hyton’s Song Of the Dawn/It happened in Monterrey... Francisco Canaro & Nelly Omar: Adios Pampa Mia/Cancion Desesperada... Sidney Torch & Mantovani By The Sleepy Lagoon/Intermezzo... These continue being old time favourites, 78-only recordings.