[78-L] For 78's, What Does Transcription Mean?

David Weiner djwein at earthlink.net.invalid
Wed Apr 1 11:56:33 PDT 2020

When I watched the movie LAURA years ago, I was always impressed by the scene where Laura is listening to her crazed killer-to-be Waldo on the radio, as a reassurance that he isn't stalking her. As the broadcast ends, he suddenly appears at Laura's bedroom door, and we hear the radio announcer intone, "The voice of Waldo Lydecker has been brought to you by electrical transcription."  Shocking!

Dave Weiner