[78-L] Radio station(s) in Senath, MO 1951

Rodger J Holtin rjh334578 at gmail.com.invalid
Wed Feb 19 15:42:25 PST 2020

A family friend and radio engineer from Memphis has family who lived near
Senath for a while in the 1960s believes it to have been KBOA at 840AM, then
licensed out of Kennett, MO. The current KBOA at 1450AM out of Piggott, AR
(20 miles away) now services the same area, and picked up those call letters
in 1995.  Anybody's guess if they're connected by blood.

I have a name for the board-op/anchor on the aircheck and he sounds pretty
polished for a one-horse station.  If the local genealogy group responds to
my query, I'd like to find him or his heirs and share it with them, too.

Thanks for all the help, folks.  If I learn anything worthwhile I'll pass it
on.

Rodger Holtin
78-L Member Since MCMXCVIII

For Best Results Use Victor Needles