[78-L] Radio station(s) in Senath, MO 1951

Donna Halper dlh at donnahalper.com.invalid
Wed Feb 19 14:25:26 PST 2020

Interestingly, there was a small station in Senath as far back as 1929.
Its calls were KSAM and it had about 10 watts. Like most small stations
from that era, it was owned by a local business (a garage) and I doubt
it survived for more than a couple of years. I'm wondering if the
station from 1951 was actually in Caruthersville, about 25 miles up the
road. There was a station there, and it served that general area-- its
calls were KCRV.

--
Donna L. Halper, PhD
Associate Professor of Communication & Media Studies