[78-L] Ethel Stanley, et al (was: Guardian article)

Malcolm malcolm at 78data.com.invalid
Wed Feb 19 08:32:07 PST 2020

In today's collecting market hat must mean she's good.
If the likes of Lady Florence (Florence Foster Jenkins) can bring in
$400 a record
then Ethel should be right up... er, down... there too.
Then there's Darlene Edwards (Jo Stafford) and her hubby who carried on
her tradition.
They don't bring the big bucks for their records but are still great
fun. It's hard to sing sharp!
Unfortunately the Edwards' didn't record on 78s, but there are at least
2 albums.
There is one other major 78 artist I know of who sang like FFJ but my
forgetter is
seemingly on overtime today.
Who was it?
Malcolm