[78-L] Radio station(s) in Senath, MO 1951

Rodger J. Holtin rjh334578 at gmail.com.invalid
Wed Feb 19 05:50:57 PST 2020

This is really an old radio question, but since it all began with a 78 RPM lacquer, it’s still on topic. Insert :-) here.

This lacquer that I have contains a quiz program held in a local grocery store in Senath, Missouri sometime during the summer of 1951. I have tracked down many other details but I still have no idea what radio station might have been there in 1951.

I have looked up the stations that currently serve that area, but none seem to have a genealogy long enough to stretch back to 1951. With today’s conglomerates running quasi networks, it certainly does not compare with what seems to have been a very local AM station in 1951.

Senath is a desperately poor little town in the boot heel of Missouri. They had a Piggly Wiggly in 1951, but not now and when the Ramey grocery burned down in 2010 it wasn’t replaced.

I have some hope that some of you guys might have some kind of old radio directories of some kind which may shed some light on the question for me.

Any help appreciated, and thanks in advance,

Rodger Holtin
78-L Member Since MCMXCVIII

For Best Results Use Victor Needles