[78-L] Jack Eizman

Donna Halper dlh at donnahalper.com.invalid
Mon Jan 6 09:27:35 PST 2020

I was reading some old newspaper articles about local Boston bandleaders
from the 78 era, and I found an obit of a bandleader named Jack Eizman.
Jack (real name: Jacob Eizman) died in 2000, at age 95. The obit said he
led two big bands, and also played violin and sax. But I cannot find him
in other articles from the era in which he supposedly worked.  (The obit
says he worked with Eddie Duchin, Leo Reisman, Larry Green, and it badly
misspelled Jacques Renard!) I'm wondering if the obit was accurate, or
family lore, since Renard and Reisman were also bandleaders; perhaps he
played in their bands, rather than being a bandleader? Anyway, I checked
various permutations of Eizman, but found very little. Does he ring a
bell with anyone, or am I just looking in the wrong places?

--
Donna L. Halper, PhD
Associate Professor of Communication & Media Studies