[78-L] Columbia Hall of Fame Series - Frankie Laine - 10 inch - 50006

DKing ginku_ledovec at att.net.invalid
Mon Jul 29 21:13:10 PDT 2019

I was going to respond to each one of you separately, but I’m still learning
what this format allows in terms of special characters, responding to one
person’s message so it’s seen by the larger list, use of proper terms, etc.

So my hope is that this summary thanks to all of you is OK for now.
I really appreciate all of your responses.

Thanks to all who waded through the jumble of messages I caused
here about:  Frankie Laine - Columbia Hall of Fame Series - 50006
- 10 inch - for USA - Jezebel / Jealousy (Jalousie) - [ probably 1954 ]

A few of you pointed out that this is a 78 rpm shellac record.

You also pointed out there were 7-inch 45s issued for this, with a catalog
number of 4-50006.

And I got a music reference book recommendation, many thanks for that
- I’ll check to see if it is in a local library.

I’ve done a variety of Google searches for Columbia record 50006 and
the only 10-inch version that I find, is on a list created by some French
music lovers.

Not everything is on the internet.  Do you think that is why a variety of
Google searches don’t find this 10-inch record by Frankie Laine ??

Dave King
Sunnyvale, Calif.