[78-L] Question about takes

ERIC BYRON bear128 at verizon.net.invalid
Fri Jun 28 15:38:48 PDT 2019

 Thank you!
    On Friday, June 28, 2019, 01:07:40 PM EDT, John Wright <vintage at jabw.demon.co.uk.invalid> wrote:

Yes. Looking through the British discography, many examples of say take -5 made a week later, and sometimes with a different vocalist.
And just last week I noticed an Ambrose title take -3 on 12th Feb 1931 plays a music arrangement by Lew Stone. Then take -5 on 21st Feb with a totally different music arrangement (don’t know whose), and both takes were issued on HMV B5967, but I don’t know which was issued first and if it was withdrawn.
Take -3 can be heard on youtube, take -5 is in my current podcast.

Dance Band Show # 403 is uploaded at http://www.r2ok.co.uk/dancebandshow.htm<http://www.r2ok.co.uk/dancebandshow.htm?fbclid=IwAR2GgQPnEmfRkdF6vorbHaLfouDdsKYqVxKNj3SQ6FCm_bpe807bxF-AGxQ>
 with a selection of recordings from my 78rpm records of dance bands, from 1929-1940.
Bands include Alfredo, Harry Bidgood, Ambrose, Six Swingers, Henry Hall and more.
Singers include Tom Barratt, Pat O'Malley, Phyllis Robins, Denny Dennis, Celia Lipton and others.
Playlist page http://www.r2ok.co.uk/playlists.htm<http://www.r2ok.co.uk/playlists.htm?fbclid=IwAR3DEbKHmbvZzpbd6AerRIF_kKN6MfuDXVk9i-R3AJCtcSUP2frxKvRBy38>
<<
John