[78-L] 78-L Digest, Vol 129, Issue 9

Dennis Flannigan dennis.flannigan at gmail.com.invalid
Fri Jun 28 12:19:22 PDT 2019

Filing records will drive the next person crazy.

As a retired collector of 78rpm records, I started seeking a way to make
simple the cataloguing of said recordings. A thousand or so records into a
cataloguing method, some damned anomalies pop up and if they continued, I'd
seek another "sure thing" process. Ah, if only God designed the system, I'd
be able to find any record, label, singer or sinner in the bunch. However
none of the gods seem to have tackled the issue.

I did find selling a few valuable records, and giving many more away
(18,000 78s, 45s, ETs, LPs, cassettes, reels, changing digital formats, and
others). I ignored 8Track options as I couldn't play them. Now I have
nothing but mp3, Wave files, other digital options; and now I have access
to millions of tunes and songs and don't give a damn. Well, my thousands of
mp3 conversions might get a listen daily.

Save Shellac, Dump the Digitals. So there!

df