[78-L] Billboard archive website? Thanks!

Kristjan Saag saag at telia.com.invalid
Wed Jun 12 06:41:23 PDT 2019

Come to think of it, Malcolm: I play quite a lot of exotica in my music
programme: Arthur Lyman, Martin Denny, Les Baxter etc, and some modern
exotica as well. There's a band even in my home town, Gothenburg, that
plays such music - they write their own stuff and have been invited to
the States to participate in festivals of exotica music.
I wonder: what's the situation in Hawaii today - is there any presence
of exotica ensembles like the ones that used to play in hotels and
restaurants in the 1950's and 60's? After all, the whole thing started
there with Martin Denny in the mid-50's, didn't it? (Apart from Les
Baxter's early efforts, but he never left poolside in Hollywood, as far
as I know.)
Kristjan