[78-L] Fake 78 sound (was "An anachronism is gone")

Kristjan Saag saag at telia.com.invalid
Mon Jun 3 06:56:43 PDT 2019

The Black Dyke Mills band was also featured on a track on "Back To The
Egg", an album issued in 1979 by Paul McCartney's Wings.
AFAIK they never backed The Beatles, but, as noted, recorded their own
version of "Yellow Submarine" and, on the A-side of the same 45,
"Thingumybob", a song written for them by John Lennon & Paul McCartney.
The latter also produced the 45.
The sound of a brass band on The Beatles recording of "Yellow Submarine"
is, according to the sound engineer at the time, Geoff Emerick,taken
from a recording and "changed slightly so it could not be identified,
although it is thought to be a recording of Georges Krier and Charles
Helmer's composition, "Le Rêve Passe" (1906)". (Wikipedia)
The song is also known as "The Soldiers Dream" and was recorded by
Joseph Locke in 1949:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SEbdImBNr0
Similarities?
Kristjan