[78-L] Oldtimers query

Rodger J Holtin rjh334578 at gmail.com.invalid
Fri Apr 5 13:34:03 PDT 2019

Boyhood chum Dave "Blue Pages" Diehl sent me an invite, probably in 1996,
with the line, "a great time waster if ever there was one," and I was
intrigued.  He would occasionally forward a few gems.  But we were on
dial-up and paid by the minute.  I think I joined in early 1998 once I
learned to have Netscape download my mail to my computer so I could craft
queries or replies offline, then connect and hit send.  Ah, the good ol'
days.  Right.

A few years later I moved and lost all connectivity for about two months and
when I got back on the Thai Slave Girls episode had already been reduced to
punch-line status.  I'm still not sure if I missed anything or not.

I've always been long on questions and short on answers, but it's been fun.

Among the best things I remember was the dissection of History Detectives
episode with the aluminum Amos n Andy disc, and all the discussion of A&A
and racism - and Elizabeth's masterful dismantling of all of that.  Worth
every cent I spent on internet that month.

And we've lost a number of great guys.  Jack Palmer and I visited a few
times when he drove through west Tennessee.  When I logged on a few minutes
ago I saw an Unsubscribe message from Bud Black saying Bud passed away on
March 9.  I'll miss Bud, too.  The ol' eccentric groove will grab every one
of us.

Rodger Holtin
78-L Member Since MCMXCVIII

For Best Results Use Victor Needles