[78-L] Oldtimers query

Donna Halper dlh at donnahalper.com.invalid
Fri Apr 5 12:28:19 PDT 2019

On 4/5/2019 1:00 PM, Elizabeth McLeod wrote:
> XXI Jahrhundert, I think. And I miss Big Sid Catlett (meow.)

I have many, many of Steve Barr's emails from that period, since we were
both researching Grey Gull.  Looking back on the names of folks posting
to the 78-L list in late 1998 (back when the server was at Cornell), I
find names that include David Diehl, David Breneman, Allen Amet, Jerry
Fabris, Cary Ginell, Joe Salerno, Michael Biel, Elizabeth McLeod,
Jeffrey Lichtman, Steven C. Barr (and Big Sid Catlett), Steve Ramm, Ron
Dethlefson, Uncle Dave Lewis, Robert M. Bratcher Jr., Ross Laird, Mike
Csontos, David Sanderson, Alan Betz, Ron L'Herault, Paul (Sandbar)
Charosh, Earl (Spats) [I forget his last name-- was it Okin?], James E.
Baldwin, Steven Abrams, Sam Brylawski, Vincent Fitzpatrick, Malcolm
Rockwell,  Ron Fial, myself, and a few who only used nicknames or
pseudonyms (like Uncle Dave Macon).

--
Donna L. Halper, PhD
Associate Professor of Communication & Media Studies