[78-L] Oldtimers query

Douglas Elliot dme3 at cornell.edu.invalid
Thu Apr 4 18:20:08 PDT 2019

Doug here, ringing in...

This has been an interesting thread.  I wish I had a full set of 78-l
posts, but I don't.  (I once had lots of personal emails from that era,
but with a computer crash about 8 years ago I lost them all.)  The whole
discussion brings back memories of those early days.  I was involved in
a major project at work and stressed out. With 78-l, I had created a
monster (a GOOD monster) and I discovered that certain maintenance tasks
can snowball into a major commitment.  I was always grateful that Ron
Fial offered to step in and take over the hosting and administration, so
I could enjoy 78-l like everyone else!  It's great to see so many
familiar names from 20 years back, still involved in an old fashioned
e-mail based forum.

Perhaps we should start a "where are they now?" thread...

Doug E.