[78-L] Fifties

kil at roadrunner.com.invalid kil at roadrunner.com.invalid
Sun Jan 6 20:09:16 PST 2019

Thanks Kristjan,
No I had never discovered that site before.  It's exactly what I need, as far as it goes.
It answers my questions about Canada and Australia, but nothing on the European continental countries.  It seems there should be more available for them.
Have you seen this site for Italy?
http://www.hitparadeitalia.it/hp_yends/hpe1952.htm
If Italy has that much info available, going back to 1947, I think there is hope still to find something on the others.
RayK
---- Kristjan Saag wrote:

Ray,
I guess you know about this site:
http://hitsofalldecades.com/chart_hits/index.php?option=com_content&task=section&id=10&Itemid=49

It gives different titles for Australia and UK as you can see - please
look at the compiler's comments to see what's more reliable.
Record sale top lists outside the US is a pretty new phenomenon; even
the UK didn't have a sales chart for records until November 1952, so I
doubt there are answers for all the countries you've listed.
Good luck, anyway.
Kristjan

On 2019-01-06 RayK wrote:
> I’m trying to compile a list of 1952 year-end #1s for as many
> countries as possible. I’m only interested in an authentic ranking,
> not an opinion. Especially looking for online sources, as I want to do
> the rest of the fifties eventually. So far I have: US (Billboard) -
> BLUE TANGO - Leroy Anderson US (Whitburn) - YOU BELONG TO ME - Jo
> Stafford UK - AUF WIEDERSEH’N SWEETHEART - Vera Lynn Italy - ANEMA E
> CORE - Roberto Murolo and Australia - A KISS TO BUILD A DREAM ON -
> Louis Armstrong (although I may be off a little on that one) It seems
> there should be data somewhere for: Canada Denmark Spain France
> Germany Ireland Holland South Africa Phillippines South American
> countries. Any corrections or suggestions appreciated. RayK

---