[78-L] Fifties

kil at roadrunner.com.invalid kil at roadrunner.com.invalid
Sun Jan 6 11:56:11 PST 2019

I’m trying to compile a list of 1952 year-end #1s for as many countries as possible.  I’m only interested in an authentic ranking, not an opinion.  Especially looking for online sources, as I want to do the rest of the fifties eventually.

So far I have:

US (Billboard) - BLUE TANGO - Leroy Anderson
US (Whitburn) - YOU BELONG TO ME - Jo Stafford
UK - AUF WIEDERSEH’N SWEETHEART - Vera Lynn
Italy - ANEMA E CORE - Roberto Murolo
and
Australia - A KISS TO BUILD A DREAM ON - Louis Armstrong (although I may be off a little on that one)

It seems there should be data somewhere for:
Canada
Denmark
Spain
France
Germany
Ireland
Holland
South Africa
Phillippines
South American countries.
Any corrections or suggestions appreciated.
RayK