[78-L] Charles Aznavour

Kristjan Saag saag at telia.com.invalid
Mon Oct 1 16:15:58 PDT 2018

Seems Aznavours first four Polydor 78's were all recorded in Paris 1948
for French Polydor, before he left for America to join the Piaf tour.
The Canadian Quality/ Polydor disc P004 was a re-release of one of those
78's.
The Canadian London's were recorded in late 1949 and another two titles
recorded in Montreal on the same occasion, previously unissued, have
shown up on a CD recently.

That should settle the issue about Aznavour's first recording, being the
one for Swiss Radio 1947, and his first commercial 78 being the French
Polydor "Voyez, c'est le printemps"/ "J'ai bu".
Kristjan