[78-L] Two Questions

kil at roadrunner.com.invalid kil at roadrunner.com.invalid
Sat Jul 14 13:42:24 PDT 2018

A couple of unrelated questions for the list today.
First, does anyone know the correct pronunciation of Joe Mondragon.
He was a west coast jazz bassist and I’m sure he was on plenty of 78s in the 40s and 50s.
The other is a technical question of sorts.
I just picked up a Sony reel to reel tape recorder at a yard sale.  It plays... so I’m happy about that.  The first thing I want to do with it is clean the heads and roller.  Since I haven’t worked with a tape recorder in about 25 years, I’m looking for any up to date information on what cleaners are recommended these days.  I used to buy something from Radio Shack but that’s gone now.  I imagine maybe Staples or Best Buy may carry something that will do the job????
RayK