[78-L] Hum and Strum

Donna Halper dlh at donnahalper.com.invalid
Sat May 26 21:36:04 PDT 2018

In Boston and throughout New England, there were few vaudeville duos
more popular than Max Zides & Tom Currier (who used the name Hum and
Strum).  From the 1920s through the 1950s, they were regular performers
at the biggest and best night clubs in the Northeast, as well as on
Boston radio, and later on TV. I know they made some 78s circa 1947, for
the Stellar Recording Company, but when I went on YouTube to see if any
of them were there (several were), I also found an Irish novelty song on
the Copley label, and my assumption is it's from the 1930s.  I knew
nothing about this-- I mean, yes I knew the song, but I had no idea they
recorded it, and I don't know what year.  Do any of you have any info
about the recording history of Hum and Strum?