[78-L] Banner (Jewish) label

Donna Halper dlh at donnahalper.com.invalid
Sat Mar 24 21:40:49 PDT 2018

On 3/24/2018 11:56 PM, Thomas Stern wrote:
> My Banner list shows:
> B-2094
> GEORGE JESSEL
> PROFESSOR LABERMACHER The Nation's Favorite After-Dinner Speaker
> Side A: Part 1
> Side B: Part 2

Banner got a lot of mentions in the Trades in 1947-1948.  I also notice
the same with the newspapers-- this recording by Jessel was described in
March 1948 as his "famed monologue" in a brief newspaper article saying
it was now available on Banner.  And speaking of comedy, do you happen
to have a copy of Michael Rosenberg's comedy skit on Banner, "Getzel
Goes to a Baseball Game"? I vaguely recall my parents playing that for
me when I was a kid, along with other Jewish humorists on other labels
(Sam Levinson was very popular in our house).

--
Donna L. Halper, PhD
Associate Professor of Communication & Media Studies