[78-L] My Time Is Your Time - Downton Abbey

Rodger Holtin rjh334578 at gmail.com.invalid
Mon Mar 5 12:35:03 PST 2018

Downton Abbey, Season 5, episode 9, The Moorland Holiday

My favorite moment in Downton Abbey was always when they brought out the
gramophone.

"Golly, what fun!" said Rose.

Yes.

Sometimes they used vintage records, and sometimes they did a fair job of
recreating the sound from new studio recordings.  I expected worse.

My wife ran us through episode 9 the other night in lieu of the Oscars and I
noticed a gramophone rendition of "My Time Is Your Time," Rudy Vallee's
theme song.  I know Rudy brought the tune back from one of his trips to
England, but never thought about there being a recording from those earlier
years, until this one played on Downton Abbey.  It sure sounds like an
original acoustical in uptempo dance rhythm, quite unlike any version Rudy
ever made.

So my question for the Board of Experts, particularly for you folks on the
eastern side of the Atlantic, can somebody identify that record, and/or
better yet direct me to a link where it might be available? (or send me an
mp3?)

Rodger

For best results use Victor Needles