[78-L] Nelson Riddle Question

J. E. Knox rojoknox at gmail.com.invalid
Fri Feb 16 16:24:00 PST 2018

Greetings from RojoLand!

> On 16 Feb 2018, at 12:16, kil at roadrunner.com.invalid wrote:
>

> LISBON ANTIGUA by Riddle was definitely on 78 in the UK and New Zealand, at least.
> So this question is not off topic.
> I found a few sources that say Riddle himself played piano on LISBON ANTIGUA.
> Another, usually reliable source, says Stan Wrightsman was on piano.
> Can we put this lingering mystery to bed? :-)
> Does anyone know for sure?
> Is there a sessionography online for 1956 Capitols?
> RayK

Not online AFAIK. Capitol discog shows Arnold Ross. Los Angeles, 19 October 1955 (overdubbed 24 October). US issue on Capitol 3287 (I'm pretty sure I have the 78 as well).

Take care,

—
Joe
—
"If cats are 'pets' and people are 'masters' why am I the one standing here with a Pooper Scooper?"—Karl Knox (1960–2005)