[78-L] "new" records

Inigo Cubillo ice261263 at gmail.com.invalid
Fri Dec 15 04:21:29 PST 2017

​Hi, Mal...
Glad for your find... I (hardly) manage a collection ​of >5,000 or so 78s,
and I'm usually in the same situation. My home shelves hold some 3,000 78s,
and I forget what I have. Of course I have a good index book, sorted
alphabetically by ARTIST/title in the fashion of the old 78 catalogues.
This index is done automatically (and updated frequently) using a mother
database in an EXCEL sheet, which I maintain since 1996. Now it has 10,000
registers (sides) and 28 columns (fields with data).
I sometimes browse thru the catalogue and find things I didn't remember I
already had. Also I like to browse thru the shelves, and this exercise also
returns nice surprises from time to time. It's like having a record flea
market at home...
The catalogue updates ultimately I do them on PDF files and take them in my
cell phone, so searching for any word or number is much easier. When buying
records it is a great help to avoid repetitions... (LOL)
Another source of enternteinment is the rest of records (2,000) that lie
down in the basement. From time to time I take home any of the boxes to
browse thru, and discover what little marvels I have forgotten down there...

Best wishes,

Inigo
from Madrid, Spain.