[78-L] private records

gmail - i.collect.records i.collect.records at gmail.com.invalid
Tue Oct 10 05:26:08 PDT 2017

On the topic of private records, someone asked:

Has ARSC addressed this??  Ever?

I do recall a presentation at an ARSC conference some years ago. The memory that has stood out for me over time was the example of a private cylinder recording played on a cylinder player that was well recorded and in excellent shape. The voice was loud and clear. I was aware that I was hearing this man's voice over a large span of time time without the aid of electronics, equalization, or any tech assistance. It was just honest unaltered acoustic energy, just as it would have been had he been standing there in front of everyone in the room at that time.

It felt a little odd and very exciting. He was there, and yet he really wasn't.

Joe Salerno
I collect Records of all formats, sizes and vintages.