[78-L] USO records

Inigo Cubillo ice261263 at gmail.com.invalid
Wed Oct 4 23:43:33 PDT 2017

Not by war vets, but I've also come thru the years across several private
recordings.
I remember a big translucent red acetate covered aluminium disc, spoken by
a Jesuitic priest, who is giving notice of his adventures to his relatives
in Basque Country, Spain, specially to his mother. It seems he was at a
catholic mission somewhere in South America, and instead of writing a
letter, he recorded an acetate and sent it to Spain.
I have another similar record, but don't remember now who speaks about what.
Another one is a black acetate covered aluminium disc from the recording
services of Radio Nacional de España. This is sung by a man, with piano
accompaniment, and both sides have announcements at the start. One of the
songs (a well-known lyric piece) is dedicated to the boss of the singer...
a government employee at the Customs Services. The singers are identified
in the labels, as also is the supposed receiver, spoken in the
announcements.
I have another one with an unidentified artist playing two piano pieces.
I've come across several others, but each time I found them, I only picked
one or two from the lot, to satisfy my curiosity, leaving back the others...

Regards,

Inigo Cubillo
Madrid, SPAIN