[78-L] USO records

Rodger Holtin rjh334578 at gmail.com.invalid
Tue Oct 3 20:55:09 PDT 2017

Listers,

I recently attended an event for WWII vets and was engaged in some
discussion of WWII era records.  A recurring subject was the many records
the servicemen cut at USO centers which they then sent home.  I transferred
one to CD for a friend and he posted it on his Facebook page.

Discussing these records with vets and their families, it's certainly true
that many of them have been separated from the families.  I have been able
to return a few old Prestos picked up a flea markets to the rightful
families and now I wonder if you all would help me get the USO records you
have back to the rightful families.  Many will have names, and ranks which
may be traceable - or, if they are untraceable, at least get them to
veteran's groups.  I have some connections which may find this a valuable
project, if we can get the records back from folks who may have come into
possession of them who have no connection with the vet.

Any interest out there?

Rodger Holtin

Heneerson, TN

For best results use Victor Needles