[78-L] Centennial?

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk.invalid
Wed Feb 15 01:24:50 PST 2017

On 15/02/17 06:22, Rodger Holtin 78-L wrote:
> Any commemorative CDs?  Any concerts?  Anything in the popular press?  Is Facebook all abuzz about it?
>
> If so, I've not heard about it. Fifty years ago I bought the Vintage Series album. I'll play it next week for old times sake. Gave my copy of the first pressing of 18255 to my son so can't play it anymore. It sure was fun to look at with 'jass' on the label.   Kinda fun to play, too.

Don't really need commemorative CDs do we, as they've already been
reissued? Do we really want the general public latching on to this fact,
and pretending they've always been interested in jazz? ("Haven't you
heard, darling, jazz is all the rage this season?")

Jazz collectors have always been a pretty insular lot, looking after
ourselves, and not relying on state grants and steenkin' ministers of
culture to patronize us.

      Julian Vein