[78-L] Irwin Corey

Dennis Flannigan dennis.flannigan at gmail.com.invalid
Tue Feb 7 17:24:20 PST 2017

​Seattle hosted Irwin Corey during the 1962, World's Fair. I was a Corey
fan at 22, and bought tickets early. Seattle's popular radio personality,
Bob Hardwick touted his appearance and I expected a big crowd. Theater sat
a thousand or so, so I went early.

Sparse crowd early, and slowly a few trickled in.

As we'd entered, a two Jehovah Witness asked if we were Jehovah Witnesses
too. Most of us skipped the pamphlet, came in and sat down.

Soon, Irwin ambled from the back lobby toward the stage, looking at the
small gathering, he walked on stage, and said, "Two guys outside asked if I
was a Jehovah Witness? I told them, 'I didn't even seen the accident."

He got his laugh, went back stage and returned as Professor Irwin Corey. It
was a marvelous two hours of humor and laughs. Before he finished, , he
asked us if we had any questions. We all did, and he answered until we got
tired. Wonderful evening of belly laughs and soul baring, too. Funny, wild
comic mind. Missed for sure.

df