[78-L] Mysterious control/matrix numbers HV in Australian HMV pressing

Iñigo Cubillo ice261263 at gmail.com.invalid
Sat Dec 17 05:07:56 PST 2016

⁣Just opened latest Nauck box, received this week from vra-60, and I find inside the HMV DB-3653, Legende (Wienawski), by master Yehudi Menuhin, vn, backed by Orchestre des Concerts Colonne, leader Enesco. French HMV matrices 2LA2473 and 2474, both first takes. It is an Australian laminated pressing, solid and heavy. The run-out areas also bear other numbers: HV10532 and 10533. Anyone knows what these numbers mean?
I don't know who actually did the pressings, for the label legend says "Manufactured specially for The Gramophone Co. Ltd., Sydney, N.S.W.". Perhaps these HV numbers are a control from the pressing company?

Thanks,
Inigo Cubillo

Enviado desde BlueMail ​