[78-L] Doodles Weaver Signed Record Sleeve

Mark Bardenwerper citrogsa at charter.net.invalid
Mon Dec 12 19:21:31 PST 2016

On 12/12/2016 8:35 PM, Mark Bardenwerper wrote:
> On 12/12/2016 11:46 AM, 78records at cdbpdx.com.invalid wrote:
>> Yesterday, I was looking through a box of records I've had for years and discovered a record sleeve
>>    with signatures of Doodles Weaver, 7'7" Jr. Martin, Gloria Gardner, and Frankie Little.  I know who
>>    Doodles Weaver is, but the rest of the names I am unfamiliar with and cannot find online.
>>
>> I did find a signed Doodles Weaver photo on Ebay to Junior Martin stating "We certainly had a great
>>    tour together".  A clue, but not much help identifying who the other names are.  Can anybody help
>>    me figure out who these folks are?
>>
> Probably obscure entertainers who toured with him. A Gloria Gardener had
> a bit part in a 1942 Gene Autry movie called Heart of the Rio Grande.
> Frankie Little might have been the 60's singer here.
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3iRgNE1fMc
> Or a member of the slickers
> http://www.allmusic.com/artist/frankie-little-mn0001828696
> or both. or neither.

Frankie Little connection
*http://tinyurl.com/jy9a3l8*

Biilboard, Nov. 30, 1946

Gloria Gardener connection

http://tinyurl.com/hskl9v9

The Technique (Georgia Tech paper) May 17, 1947

Ha! paydirt

http://www.allmusic.com/artist/spike-jones-his-city-slickers-mn0000009831/biography

Frankie Little was a dwarf and Junior Martin was a giant.

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr.

Technology...thoughtfully, responsibly.

Visit me at http://citroen.cappyfabrics.com