[78-L] Doodles Weaver Signed Record Sleeve

Mark Bardenwerper citrogsa at charter.net.invalid
Mon Dec 12 18:35:49 PST 2016

On 12/12/2016 11:46 AM, 78records at cdbpdx.com.invalid wrote:
> Yesterday, I was looking through a box of records I've had for years and discovered a record sleeve
>   with signatures of Doodles Weaver, 7'7" Jr. Martin, Gloria Gardner, and Frankie Little.  I know who
>   Doodles Weaver is, but the rest of the names I am unfamiliar with and cannot find online.
>
> I did find a signed Doodles Weaver photo on Ebay to Junior Martin stating "We certainly had a great
>   tour together".  A clue, but not much help identifying who the other names are.  Can anybody help
>   me figure out who these folks are?

Probably obscure entertainers who toured with him. A Gloria Gardener had
a bit part in a 1942 Gene Autry movie called Heart of the Rio Grande.
Frankie Little might have been the 60's singer here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3iRgNE1fMc
Or a member of the slickers
http://www.allmusic.com/artist/frankie-little-mn0001828696
or both. or neither.