[78-L] Groove spacing - groove width

Royal Pemberton ampex354 at gmail.com.invalid
Sat Nov 19 13:58:00 PST 2016

Those very first Stokowski Victors have bass going down to roughly 70-80 Hz
due to his using string basses on the recordings.  They didn't do that on
later recordings most likely because they didn't work out they'd recorded
at all, as whatever they auditioned test pressing on cut off at more like
200 Hz.  I wonder what people thought the first time they heard one of
those first Stokowski acoustics years later on Orthophonic acoustic or
electric machines....

On Sat, Nov 19, 2016 at 9:35 PM, Ron L'Herault <lherault at verizon.net.invalid